Friday, November 30, 2007

sci-fi thingy

Well... this was a strange thing I was working on for a while. It was going to be about a story of a war-torn planet. And the soldiers there had been ordered to "stick it out" last they heard before transmissions from their chain of command went down. So... they did what they had to survive. And technology is supposedly fueled by souls... which is where the twist comes in. And that's why I was going to call it "Capturing the Children". And of course, things do a total flip flop here and there, and there's huge plot things that come up and make it overall a very spiritual kind of sci-fi graphic novel (something I think is slightly lacking most of the time), but overall, I thought the story got too dark at some points... the arguments about society I made in the plot were very very strong. It just felt wrong to be so condemning, so I've only ever done the cover page, and stopped all character/story/illustration work on it for now. But it's a part of a bigger universe, so I plan on keeping things secret so that I can possibly bring it up later. Here's the page (very incomplete, IMO. And also has some errors. M.C. Escher kind of errors...)

CtC_cover.jpg

No comments: